Civitavecchia is an Italian town of 53,027 inhabitants, located in the province of Rome, overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, its history is tied to seafaring and trade, and today the port of Civitavecchia is among the most important in Italy, the second European airport by number of passengers.
It is the Roman port for many cruise lines such as “MSC, COSTA, ROYAL CARIBBEAN, NCL, PRINCESS CRUISES, HOLLAND AMERICA LINE etc..” and aims at increasing the tourist flow with the target of becoming the most important cruise port in the Mediterranean.
Get to the port of Civitavecchia with Public Transport (from airports)
The most airports in Rome where you can reach the port of Civitavecchia are two:
Rome Fiumicino Airport – Leonardo da Vinci
Rome Ciampino Airport
The Fiumicino Leonardo Da Vinci Airport is the principal of Rome and is located close enough to the port about 65 km, Ciampino airport, a little more distant and is located approximately 85 km.
Noting the distances we can say that Fiumicino Airport is the most convenient way to reach the port of Civitavecchia in less time.
In all cases at any airport you are landing you’ll have to choose the “public or private” way to get to the port of Civitavecchia: The following alternatives.
From Fiumicino Airport station
1) You can take a train to Rome, you get off at the Trastevere station and change train towards Civitavecchia.
2) Once at the train station of Civitavecchia, you can take bus “Argo” that depart from the station every 20 minutes and take you inside the port in less than 10 minutes.
With this solution, the estimated travel time is almost two hours
Total cost per person is € 14.60 (€ 8 + € 4.60 + € 2.00).
From Rome Ciampino
1) You can take the shuttle bus ATRAL that leads us from the Airport to Ciampino railway station. (€ 1.20)
2) From Ciampino railway station, take the train to Roma Termini, at a cost of € 1.50 (departures every 12 minutes).
3) From Rome Termini station, take the train that takes you to Civitavecchia the cost of a ticket for a standard train is € 5.00 (about 1h15m), for an Intercity train is € 11.00 (48m), for a White Arrow train € 15.00 (42m).
With this solution the estimated time of travel is more than 2 hours
Total cost per person is € (€ 1.20 + € 1.50 + € 5.00/11.00/15.00).
Get to the port of Civitavecchia with Private Transfer (from airports)
Surely it is the fastest and most comfortable way to reach the port of Civitavecchia, after several hours of flight.
From Fiumicino airport the estimated travel time is about 45-50 minutes.
1/3 Pax €110
4/6 Pax €125
7/8 Pax €145
9/12 Pax €250
13/16 Pax €285
From Ciampino airport the estimated travel time is about hour and 20 minutes.
1/3 Pax €115
4/6 Pax €130
7/8 Pax €150
9/12 Pax €255
13/16 Pax €290
Your driver will wait you at the meeting point of the airport, with a sign with your name on it.
Save time and money by booking your airport transfer in advance. Get instant quote